Carpet shampoo is another popular way to clean carpets. There are many different brands of carpet shampoo, so make sure that you follow the guidance which was mentioned on the packet.
- Make up the solution as directed on the packaging. In many cases, the product will need to be diluted with water
- Use just enough carpet shampoo to cover the area
- Do not make the carpet too wet – not only is this a waste of detergent, but it’s also going to increase drying time
- Scrub on the particularly stubborn areas using a hard-bristled brush
- Let the carpet dry
- Vacuum the shampoo once it has dried.